My husband and I farm 300 acres of sweet potatoes. I promote our product at fairs, ag expos and school functions. I pass out recipes and this is one of the favorites.
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers, breadsticks or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the next seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle. Shape into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers, breadsticks or vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cheese Ball in Country October/November 2000, p49
Reviews forSweet Potato Cheese Ball
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2012
"Absolutely loved it!! Followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Can't wait to make it again."