- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Casserole
"This tasted just like the sweet potato casserole I grew up with. The only difference was a change to the topping. The coconut added a different flavor than what I was used to but it was a great change."
"This was great! Only difference I did was add just a sprinkle of sea salt to the mashed sweet potatoes. Then to the topping added just a small touch of maple syrup. Then topped the topping with corn flake crumbs."
"This is an easy, delicious recipe that I've been using for years - with the exception of coconut. It still tastes great without it."
"Hi.What can I use in place of coconut?"
"This has been a family holiday favorite for over 20 years. I leave out the coconut because not everyone in my family likes it. Otherwise it is delicious."
"This recipe has been a favorite with my family for over 20 years! (As a matter of fact, I still use the original recipe card which I clipped from Country in 1991!) I do cut back a bit on the amount of sugar in the sweet potato mixture, since the delicious topping adds plenty of sweetness."
"Terrific Thanksgiving recipe! What a crowd pleaser!!!"
"awesome recipe been making this 3 or 4 yrs now people that generally don,t eat sweet potatoes actually enjoy this for some reason"