Sweet Potato Banana Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 189 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
May 27, 2014
My family did not like this dish at all. My husband compared it to the taste of baby food.
Feb 23, 2013
Banana flavor too strong. Family did not like the combination.
May 28, 2012
I thought this was really delicious, the banana flavor really stood out!I used a yam in with the sweet potatoes, so the finished dish was a little discolored, but still just as tasty!
Nov 25, 2009
Tasty and a nice sweetness to the sweet potatoes without adding sugar. I might add a touch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice next time in place of the curry powder.