Sweet Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 2-in. pieces. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, sugar, raisins, butter, cornstarch and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 246 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 28, 2013
I saw this recipe in the magazine about 7-years ago and it has become a family favorite ever since. We even served it at our wedding 5-years ago. I use 1 cup orange juice concentrate (was an oops originally that turned out) and Craisins rather then raisins because hubby hates raisins. I also omit the walnuts because kids don't like them and nuts can be optional. At every holiday this replaces sweet potato bake and we never have leftovers. Even family who swear they don't like sweet potatoes love this dish. Thank you for sharing this recipe with our family.
Dec 4, 2011
Pretty good. I added 1 tsp cinnamon and doubled the raisins. Wondering if it would be good with apple juice instead of orange; might try that next time.
Dec 27, 2010
Really good and easy to make, as a short cut I used Schwans frozen Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.