Sweet Potato Apple Salad
This is a version of an old family recipe. Very popular with our chicken dishes, it's colorful, sweet and fruity. I like to cook fresh sweet potatoes when preparing this salad, but you can use canned if you need to save time.—The Raspberry Room, Elwin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 4 red delicious apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl, gently toss first six ingredients. Combine whipped topping and Miracle Whip; fold into fruit mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 148 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1994
Mar 23, 2009
This is one of several absolute favorites and it is from my very very favorite TOH magazine. I got three winners out of that magazine and I make them every single year.