Sweet Potato & Andouille Hash
When my husband trained for the Senior Olympics, I looked for healthier recipes like these spicy sweet potatoes. Whip up some eggs and serve together. —Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, finely chopped
- 4 cups finely chopped sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 226 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato & Andouille Hash in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.