- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute couscous, onion and celery until couscous is lightly browned. Stir in seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, cranberries, orange peel and potatoes. Cook, covered, over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato and Turkey Couscous
"We made this at the hospital as a smart pick for our cafeteria with omitting the (salt) sodium. It was a huge hit. Very flavorful."