Sweet Potato and Cranberry Bake
Instead of serving sweet potatoes alone at Christmas, I like to pair them with cranberries. Each bite offers a delicious contrast of sweet and tart flavors. —Linda Boot, Fort St. John, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 large onions, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups halved fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place sweet potatoes and onions on a baking sheet; brush onions with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-60 minutes or just until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cube potatoes and dice onions; place in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Gently stir into potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.