I think the best thing about this recipe is that you can make it hours ahead of time so you can spend more time with your guests. And you can keep it warm on the stovetop or in a slow cooker throughout the party. —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
Featured In: 23 Must-Serve Halloween Party Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small apples, divided
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (48 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Core and cut one apple into 10 slices. Insert one clove into each slice. In a Dutch oven, combine juices. Add apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Discard apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Core and cut remaining apple into 12 slices. Ladle cider into mugs; garnish with apple slices. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Sweet Pineapple Cider in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p14