Sweet Pepper Salad
This wonderful salad is crisp and colorful with a tangy dressing.—Lu Ann Kessi, Eddyville, Oregon
- 3 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the peppers, onion and lemon peel. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, basil, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3/4 cup: 72 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
Flavor was just average. I did like the ease of preparing in advance with a quick finish just before serving.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC