- 3 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the peppers, onion and lemon peel. Combine vinegar and oil; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add the basil, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSweet Pepper Salad
"Flavor was just average. I did like the ease of preparing in advance with a quick finish just before serving."