Sweet Pepper Pitas Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in salsa. Spread inside pita halves; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add hot pepper sauce, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/4 cup into each pita half. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Pepper Pitas
"Simple way to use up my pepper harvest. I only made 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture and that was plenty for me."