Sweet Pepper French Dressing
Sweet Pepper French Dressing is suggested by Elsie McHenry, Gridley, California, who used to prepare meals for 100 senior citizens at a time. "They all loved this tangy dressing," she says. "It perks up any lettuce salad."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2-2/3 cups cider vinegar
- 2 medium green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, mustard, oil and vinegar. Stir in green peppers, pimientos and onion. Stir frequently while serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper French Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.