Sweet Pepper Burritos for 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper. Spoon off-center onto each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Feb 16, 2014
I like these so much that I double and freeze them!
Oct 12, 2009
It is a quick and easy recipe to make. We doubled it and wrapped the extra two in foil in the fridge and heated them a few days later. We will definitely make this one again.
Aug 11, 2009
Can these be frozen? If so, before or after baking?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.