Sweet Peas Parma for 2
“This is a simple side with delicious Italian flavors.” Peas get dressed up for dinner with just a few easy additions. Don't skip this one! Jill Anderson - Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups frozen peas
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto and garlic in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Sweet Peas Parma in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009