- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet Peas Parma
"Using the "steam in bag" frozen pease makes it super fast and easy. One other slight change, and that was to use a handful of heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered instead of a medium tomato. I loved the colors it added. The cripsy proscuitto was amazing, it was hard not to eat it all straight out of the pan. Before I would have counted frozen peas as on the lower end of my favorite vegetables list, but this recipe definitely changed that!"
"My family really enjoys this recipe. My daughter is actually excited to make it!"
"Excellent flavor. I've made this a few times and my whole family just loves it!"