Sweet Peanut Treats
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread half into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk and pudding; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over chocolate mixture in pan. Stir peanuts into remaining chocolate mixture. Carefully spread over pudding layer. Chill until set. Cut into 1-in. squares.
Feb 2, 2012
Delicious! A great Christmas candy treat.Love the flavor combination of peanut butter, chocolate, peanuts, and butterscotch.
Dec 19, 2009
One of my favorite candies to make at christmas!!!! Everyone loves them
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.