- 5 pounds uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 10 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups mayonnaise
- 4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In three large bowls, combine the pasta, carrots, peas, celery and onion.
- In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir a third of the dressing into each bowl of pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 58 servings.
Reviews forSweet Pea Salad
"Yummy! Very easy and a great lunchbox companion."
"Come on reviewers, this recipe is made for a potluck recipe, its going to give you a large quantity for a large crowd. Halve or make a third of the recipe. Don't miss out on a good recipe because of the quantity. Try it you'll like it!"
"please share recipe for 4 or 8 servings. I would love to make this but not the huge amount called for - thank you"
"The directions for this recipe are very confusing. Exactly why the "three bowls"?Why give a recipe that is obviously made for a caterer and not a home cook."
"Wow why the large servingswhat is a 4 serving nutrtional valueHow do you figur the nutritional value for one"
"more peas makes it a lot tastier."