Sweet Onion & Red Bell Pepper Topping
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 large sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 4 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 76 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 12, 2016
Fantastic! I've made this many times and it goes very fast. It's best on hotdogs and hamburgers. I caught my husband eating it as a side dish.
Aug 18, 2014
Great addition to tex mex foods. I used it this past weekend and it was a hit.
Jul 19, 2014
Can be used on or with many things. If it calls for peppers, substitute these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.