Sweet Onion & Red Bell Pepper Topping
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 large sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 4 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 76 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 21, 2019
Could this be canned? Please let me know. Thanks!
May 19, 2019
Can I can this?
May 12, 2016
Fantastic! I've made this many times and it goes very fast. It's best on hotdogs and hamburgers. I caught my husband eating it as a side dish.
Aug 18, 2014
Great addition to tex mex foods. I used it this past weekend and it was a hit.
Jul 19, 2014
Can be used on or with many things. If it calls for peppers, substitute these.