Sweet Onion Phyllo Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion dip, mayonnaise, pepper and onion. Spoon a scant tablespoonful into each tart shell; top with tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 52 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 26, 2014
Came across this recipe the other day and decided to try it. My boyfriend and I loved it - it was AWESOME!!! Can't wait to make it again. Next time I'm going to double the recipe!!
Nov 20, 2011
I made this for a wedding rehearsal dinner!! Wonderful reviews from the guests. Will definitely being making this again during the holidays
Mar 17, 2011
Made this recipe for a work pot luck and everyone loved it. I changed the cheese to a 6 cheese Italian blend and added some Italian herbs. Tasted great!