- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion dip, mayonnaise, pepper and onion. Spoon a scant tablespoonful into each tart shell; top with tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Reviews forSweet Onion Phyllo Tarts
"Came across this recipe the other day and decided to try it. My boyfriend and I loved it - it was AWESOME!!! Can't wait to make it again. Next time I'm going to double the recipe!!"
"I made this for a wedding rehearsal dinner!! Wonderful reviews from the guests. Will definitely being making this again during the holidays"
"Made this recipe for a work pot luck and everyone loved it. I changed the cheese to a 6 cheese Italian blend and added some Italian herbs. Tasted great!"