Sweet Onion Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 5 cups
- 3 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, mayonnaise and pepper sauce.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 34 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 meat.
Apr 2, 2018
This dip is very rich and creamy. I added some cooked bacon and chopped scallions right before serving.It gave it some additional taste, texture and it bumped up the presentation. Other then the toppings the recipewas prepared accordingly to the directions.Crackers or toasted bread for serving. Choice is yours.Glad I sampled this one. Hope to see more reviews.Taste of Home Volunteer FE
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.