- 5 large sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSweet Onion Casserole
"Made this as a side for ribs and baked beans. It made a larger quantity than I was expecting so we had plenty of leftovers all week. I'll probably cut down by 1/2 next time if cooking for our normal crowd."
"I love having this with steak!"
"I make this recipe all the time. It is over the top delicious! And...it's so easy to make. Yum!"
"this dish was fantastic...had it at a dinner party on saturday night and everyone loved it. I've printed out and putting it in my recipe box its a dish to make over and over again"
"Thank you for posting this. I had this recipe but I lost it and have been looking for it ever since. Absolutely delicious"
"This is a very easy dish to make and it is soooo good! I will make it again. If you like onions, you will like this one. It's a keeper!"