Sweet Onion Bread Skillet
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter and 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Brush bottom and sides of skillet with remaining oil. Unroll dough into skillet; flatten dough and build up edge slightly. Top with onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cut into wedges.
1 wedge: 415 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 9, 2014
ANY Recipe from Lisa Speers is ALWAYS outstanding. And this one definitely is! Simple, easy and delicious. It just doesn't get better than that!
May 3, 2013
This was super amazing. I only had crescent rolls and they were so so so good.
Jul 12, 2011
Made this for our family appetizer night. It was quite the hit! Definitely adding it to our rotation. Made it in our cast iron skillet, very simple to make.
Jun 8, 2011
I had leftover beer bread so I followed the instructions for the onion topping only and did not use the refrig pizza crust. The onion topping was excellent! My husband is not the biggest fan of onions but he dubbed this as a "keeper". Easy to make too.
May 25, 2011
This was surprising delicious. All of my guests loved it. I did not have a 10" oven proof skillet so I used a 10" pie pan which worked great. I used a thick crust tube of Pillsbury pizza crust. Some of my guests suggested I try a thin crust next time. Be sure to use a very large onion as it shrinks as it browns.