Carrots, onion and peas, oh my! Tender veggies are tossed in a tasty honey-garlic mixture. Keep in mind that olive oil pours quickly, so it’s a good idea to measure it—even an extra teaspoon adds 40 calories and 4.5 g fat. —Fran Scott, Birmingham, Michigan
Recommended: Top 10 Turnip Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large skillet; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and cook 3 minutes longer. Drain; remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chives, honey, salt, pepper and vegetables; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion & Carrot Medley in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p35