Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Salad Dressing
With this sweet and tangy salad dressing from Stephanie Ward in Waukegan, Illinois, you can fix a mouthwatering salad in minutes! Heat up remaining tomato soup with ¾ cup of milk for a simple, no-fuss soup ‘n’ salad lunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small pitcher, bowl or jar; store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Zesty Salad Dressing in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007