Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Meatballs
A friend from church gave me this recipe. It's one of my all time favorites.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 420 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 2630mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook