Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/3 cups reduced-fat cheese-flavored baked snack crackers
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 3 cups Corn Pops
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, crackers and cereal. In a small bowl, combine butter, soy sauce, chili powder and barbecue seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in Corn Pops. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 3, 2011
Instead of Corn Pops, I used Kix (I thought the Corn Pops were too sweet for my taste.) We loved the result, and I will definitely be making this again. Probably too high in sodium for those who must restrict it, but otherwise, very tasty!
Jul 7, 2011
Who decided this was healthy? Too much sodium. 1/5 the amount allowed per day if you go by the old amt suggested by experts.
Jan 15, 2010
This sweet and spicy snack mix is an absolute favourite in our home and one we'll be making many more times. It's so good, it vanishes faster than I ever expected.