Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Roasted Corn
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove string before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Serve with grilled corn.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2018
Sorry for the incorrect review below! Loved the seasonings on the corn. As usual, I cooked the corn, cooled it, and sliced the kernels off of the cob. I then combined the corn with the seasonings and served it in bowls. It's a keeper!
Jul 18, 2014
I used a little less pepper and chili powder, but it was still delish. I will do this again.
Jul 15, 2014
Wonderful combination of flavors. I've also substituted honey for brown sugar, and that is delicious as well.
Jul 29, 2011
I love doing the ears on the grill, and I shuck them and wrap them in foil. The butter mixture is exactly as the title states- sweet and spicy! I absolutely loved it. Super easy and delicious! I took the leftover ears, removed the kernels, tossed them with the butter mixture and froze it for a future meal.