Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Roasted Corn
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove string before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Serve with grilled corn.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 18, 2014
I used a little less pepper and chili powder, but it was still delish. I will do this again.
Jul 15, 2014
Wonderful combination of flavors. I've also substituted honey for brown sugar, and that is delicious as well.
Jul 29, 2011
I love doing the ears on the grill, and I shuck them and wrap them in foil. The butter mixture is exactly as the title states- sweet and spicy! I absolutely loved it. Super easy and delicious! I took the leftover ears, removed the kernels, tossed them with the butter mixture and froze it for a future meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.