Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Pork Chops
I found this recipe in a Kentucky newspaper some time ago. My husband asks for it often, saying it really hits the spot when he's hungry.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (3/4 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add pork to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chop 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting several times with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook