Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Pork Chops
I found this recipe in a Kentucky newspaper some time ago. My husband asks for it often, saying it really hits the spot when he's hungry.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (3/4 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add pork to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chop 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting several times with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.