Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Pecans
Have snack lovers on your Christmas gift list? You can't go wrong with a festive tin brimming with these special pecans. The sweet-spicy flavor combination is irresistible.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine water and pecans; bring to a boil for 1 minute. Drain. Immediately add to sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over hot pecans. Stir to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet; cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 196 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Pecans in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.