Sweet ‘n’ Soy Snack Meatballs
My mom gave me this recipe when I got married over 10 years ago. They're great for any occasion because they're easy to make and get eaten quickly.—Jodi Klassen, Coaldale, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; mix gently. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer meatballs to a serving dish; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 156 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Soy Snack Meatballs in Country Woman September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips