Sweet ‘n’ Sour Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups each torn fresh spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, oranges and onion. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients. Cover and process until slightly thickened. Pour 1/3 cup over the salad and toss to coat; serve immediately. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 647 calories, 55g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 6, 2012
This is a great recipe! I had a lot of greens on hand, so I used all of them: baby spinach, iceberg, romaine, napa cabbage, and frisee. I also threw in some toasted sliced almonds. I think next time I make this I'll double the mandarin oranges because they were terrific with the other ingredients. And my husband and I LOVED the dressing!!!