- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry pork in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots, onion mixture and reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
1 cup: 246 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.