Sweet ‘n’ Snappy Chili
I created this dish by combining two different recipes plus some of my own ideas. Folks are pleasantly surprised to see this chili brimming with ground pork instead beef.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add pork and remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
1 cup: 320 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 30, 2012
Family really loved this one!!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC