Sweet ‘n’ Snappy Chili
I created this dish by combining two different recipes plus some of my own ideas. Folks are pleasantly surprised to see this chili brimming with ground pork instead beef.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a Dutch oven, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add pork and remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 320 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.