Sweet ‘n’ Savory Snack Treat
Serve this yummy Halloween mix in colorful snack cups, or see a creative way to serve snack mix on page 22. You can use different colored M&M's for other festive parties.—Betty Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers and pumpkin seeds. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in M&M's. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 194 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Snack Mix in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites