Sweet ‘n’ Salty Popcorn
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; whisk in the pudding mix, corn syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 45 seconds or until bubbly. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Spread in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 250° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring once. Remove popcorn from pans to waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 91 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Aug 17, 2012
I used a generous "dash" of coarse sea salt and thought this tasted really good. I almost didn't make it because of the previous review that said that it sticks to your teeth a lot. It does some, but not nearly as much as another popcorn recipe I have made from this site. Will definitely make again!
Sep 26, 2011
This was good but sticks to your teeth alot. I worry about the kids teeth with this snack.
Feb 20, 2011
I found the taste rather bland. My DH, who normally loves recipes like this, was unimpressed.
Aug 28, 2010
I was not impressed with this. The only thing I changed was to use french vanilla because it's what I had on hand. I can't imagine that made much of a difference. I don't think it has much flavor. On our way to a dessert picnic so I suppose I'll see how it goes with the crowd.
Feb 22, 2010
I have made this several times now and absolutely love it! I wouldn't change a thing!
Oct 22, 2009
I have made this with both dark and light corn syrup. Dark corn syrup makes a browner, more caramel corn like treat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.