Sweet ‘n’ Nutty Fried Chicken
I came up with this recipe when I wanted to try something a little different. Everyone liked the golden crunchy coating.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the cereal, wheat germ, soup mix and pepper; process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Dip chicken in butter, then coat generously with cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.