Sweet ‘n’ Nutty Fried Chicken
I came up with this recipe when I wanted to try something a little different. Everyone liked the golden crunchy coating.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the cereal, wheat germ, soup mix and pepper; process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Dip chicken in butter, then coat generously with cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 825 calories, 50g fat (22g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 61g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.