Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls
"I am going yo try these again...something didn't go quite right. I had to cook them in 2 batches....the first got way to done/dry, though still had a good taste - baked at 350F for 20 minutes, like I saw suggested in the reviews. The second batch was less dry and tasted better, and my husband actually said they were good...but I baked those for only 14 minutes @ 320F. Not sure what happened, I'm going to try a little less flour so there is more moisture and maybe kneed them a little longer. I'll let you know what I find out. ( :"
"I have made these rolls at least three times...they're delicious! (I do shorten the bake time as they are a bit dry when baked for 35 minutes.)"
"These rolls are addictive! They are so wonderful fresh from the oven, or even zapped in the microwave for a few seconds to warm the next day. The first time I made these, I followed the directions, however, that made for some pretty large rolls. The next couple of times, I made them smaller--even made them into smaller balls to fit inside typical muffin pans. I prefer them in the smaller muffin-pan size. Regardless, these will be eaten FAST! They are very easy to make and very delicious."
"Fantastic flavor and so incredibly easy to work with! I didn't even have time to let them raise for the entire time, and they still turned out wonderful! They're a tender roll with just a hint of sweetness. Delicious!"
"Beautiful dough to work with! I made 24 crescent shaped rolls and brushed them with melted butter after baking. Absolutely delicious! Will make these again and again!"
"Delicious, and my kids love to help me form the rolls."
"Very tasty!! easy to substitute with diet friendly ingredients."
"Love, love, love these rolls."
"These were very delicious. I made the rolls smaller so that there was 32 of them, and cooked a bit faster. I was amazed at how tasty they were- slightly sweet and very soft in the middle. My husband and family also enjoyed them."
"Wonderful! We had these with Baked Potato soup, and all of the kids loved them."
"These are always a big hit!"
"This is an amazing recipe. My husband and boys devour these rolls!"
"This is our new staple bread recipe. I am always asked the recipe when taking them somewhere. Delicious rolls!!!"
" I made these delicious rolls yesterday and we really enjoyed them. I have some toasting in the oven as I write this and can't wait to smear a big spoon of orange marmalade on them. I will definitely use this recipe again.
"This is a wonderful recipe! Thank you very much for sharing it, my whole family loved it!And I also like the fact that they are not hard to make! =) Thanks Again!"