- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni and vegetables. Whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved; stir into macaroni mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forSweet Macaroni Salad
"Celery instead of green pepper."
"This is moist and creamy at the same time. The sweet relish flavor is awsome. I rate this the best I have ever made."
"Excellent. I made a few substitutions for what my family prefers, but nothing drastic. It is fantastic!"
"This is a superb macaroni salad recipe. it is the one I make all the time now that I have discovered it. My family loves it."
"Made this using the large elbow macaroni noodles for a party and it was amazing, everyone loved it, they all wanted the recipe and it was so easy to make, I let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving, cant wait to make this again. Definitely a party pleaser."
"This has been my "go to" macaroni salad since this recipe first appeared in Taste of Home, several years ago. I, too, omit the 1 cup of sugar, which makes the salad too sweet for my family's taste. I also add 1/3 cup each of diced green, red and yellow sweet peppers (rather than just green pepper) and 1/4 cup chopped parsley for added color. This recipe is always a favorite at parties, picnics and BBQ's!"
"One of our favorites..make it all the time!!!"
"This is very good. I leave out the 1 cup of sugar since the sweetened condensed milk is in it. I also have never added green pepper to it. Be sure to refrigerate overnight, the sauce needs to soak in a little."
"I make this salad all the time and always get requests to bring it to party's."