Sweet Honey-Lime Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk wine, honey, lime juice and ginger; add to chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning once.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve with couscous.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 186 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 12, 2013
Very moist. I would probably add more lime next time but it is definitely being added to my do again list!
Jun 5, 2013
i did it on the grill and it stayed very juicy and very flavorable. my grandkids loved it
Apr 16, 2013
I would make the recipe again but would use fresh ginger and garlic. I substituted chicken broth for the wine, and felt there was not enough presence of the citrus, so would use the zest of the lime and maybe a teaspoonful of dried chili flakes in the marinade. It was a bit bland for my family's taste but we felt that we could play with the recipe and have a good product.
Apr 16, 2013
I made this with no changes to the recipe and it was completely tasteless. No one in the family liked it. It was moist, but boiled chicken is moist. I want something with a little flavor.
Apr 9, 2013
Came out moist and tender. I marinated it all day and thought it didn't take on the honey and lime flavors as well as I would have liked. I might reserve some marinade and make a sauce next time.
Nov 30, 2012
YUM! We had no white wine so we used chicken broth. Very tasty!~ Theresa
Jul 17, 2012
This was delicious. The chicken comes out so moist and tender. I marinated my chicken pieces for five hours and felt it was a little bland, and I even included the zest of the lime. I will definately make this again, and before increasing some of the ingrediants to my taste.
Jul 6, 2012
easy and tasty
Oct 1, 2011
This was delicious! So simple and so flavorful! Definitely my new favorite marinade for chicken!!
May 29, 2011
My family loved this. Great taste.