Sweet Honey Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. ovenproof skillet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 295 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Honey Corn Bread
"We really like this recipe. Reminds me of the cornbread served in a nearby restaurant. If you like a sweet cornbread you will like this one."
"This is a rich, sweet cornbread. The vanilla did not bother me and I didn't think it was that noticeable. While I really liked this, it was not my husband's favorite, so I probably won't make it again for that reason. :("
"this cornbread was pretty dense. it was sweet and i like that. i only put 1t vanilla and glad of that. i will make it again, but, i will leave out vanilla...because my husband just couldn't wrap his head around it. but, the kids and i liked it! it is kind of cake like. but good with red beans and rice:0)"
"Recipe is ok, tasted too much like cake."