Sweet Herbed Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrots; cover with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard lettuce. Stir in the parsley, cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 212 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 11, 2017
Wow this is amazing loved the flavors. unfortunately my fresh carrots did not last long, so i used frozen. still tasted great i left out the water because of the frozen part.
Aug 15, 2010
I loved these! I'm always looking for good side dishes and I will definitely do these again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.