Sweet Heat Drumettes
Sweet maple syrup plays down the heat from the cayenne papper in these finger-lickin' good drummettes. Use a chafing dish to keep them warm at a party. —Deb Zurawski, Jamesport, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds frozen chicken drumettes or wingettes, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce, mustard and cayenne. Set aside 2/3 cup for basting. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; add chicken. Seal bags and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes; drain. Turn chicken over; baste with some of the reserved marinade. Bake for 10 minutes; turn and baste again. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened.
Originally published as Maple Chicken Drummettes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.