Sweet Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugars and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Dec 18, 2018
delicious, I made it with mashed sweet potato leftovers from a potluck and subbed in 11/2 t pumpkin pie spice since I didn't have any of the individual spices except the cinnamon. Fixing to go in and make another batch, this time with dates and walnuts (and still using up the sweet potatoes).
Sep 15, 2015
I made this delicious bread to serve at a meeting I am hosting but I had to take a taste first as it is in the freezer awaiting the meeting. Oh my goodness, is this good. The flavors are absolutely delicious and don't leave out the pecans. I will be preparing this recipe again and again.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Oct 22, 2013
This is the best pumpkin bread I've ever had (so far). The cranberries gave it just the right sweetness and the pecans added just the crunch I was looking for. Fabulous!
Oct 22, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this bread! Unfortunately I have celiac disease and I'm not supposed to eat it, but I did and man was it worth it! This is probably the most delicious pumpkin bread I've ever had! The cranberries gave it a nice sweetness and the toasted pecans were just the crunch I was looking for. Fabulous!!
Jan 16, 2012
Delicious. I used 12 oz. fresh whole cranberries that I had on hand instead of dried - turn out great. Very moist, nice contrast between sweet bread and tangy cranberries. A keeper.
Nov 11, 2011
Really nice, flavorful moist bread. My family loved it and it was so easy to make. A wonderful holiday recipe!
Feb 6, 2010
I made this twice--once with cranberries and once without. I think I prefer it without, and I didn't use nuts either time, but I really like it. Good recipe.
Dec 11, 2009
Super yummy. I am including this recipe with a food storage gift of dried cranberries and pecans.
Nov 28, 2009
Ahhhh, it wouldn't let me view the recipe & I am a subscriber of TOH magazine. Could you please post the recipe, please?!
Nov 27, 2009
this was a good solid bread and not too sweet