Sweet Corn ‘n’ Peppers
Peppers add punch to this mouthwatering grilled sweet corn.—Grace Camp, Owingsville, Kentucky.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash paprika
- 6 large ears sweet corn, husks removed and halved
- In a small bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine the salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika; sprinkle half over the vegetables and set aside. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture over corn.
- Place the corn on a vegetable grilling rack coated with cooking spray or in a perforated disposable aluminum pan.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add reserved vegetables. Grill, covered, 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and rotating corn.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Southwestern-Style Grilled Corn in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.