Sweet Corn Cupcakes
I love corn and try to sneak it into everything. Other fans of corn will enjoy these delightful treats, too. —Carol Wit, Tinley Park, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Place yogurt and 3/4 cup corn in a food processor; process until blended.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt mixture, beating after each addition. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup corn.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat until golden brown, 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Store cupcakes in a covered container.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 274 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Corn Cupcakes with butter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018