My garden is often my cooking inspiration. Because I have a large berry patch, I especially enjoy using just-picked berries in savory dishes to add natural sweetness and sometimes a bit of tart. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Featured In: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine blackberries, cucumber, green onion and 1 tablespoon chili sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with remaining chili sauce during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with blackberry mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p25
Reviews forSweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2013
"Nice combo of sweet and a bit of heat. Helped to use our bumber crop of blackberries."