My husband loves this simple chicken dish so much he often requests it when he comes home from deployment. The sweet chili sauce adds just the right amount of heat to the bright, citrusy sauce. —Jessica Eastman, Bremerton, Washington
Recommended: Winter Squash Recipes for Your Slow-Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Hot cooked jasmine or other rice
- Minced fresh basil
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add chili sauce and juice concentrate to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice; sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Chili and Orange Chicken in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017